Buzzrack Buzzybee H4 Platform Bike Carrier
NEW BUZZYBEE H¬†series offer convenient mounting, basic functions and compact storage. The rubber pad offers a good solution for¬†carbon frames¬†fitting as it does not apply pressure to the carbon tubes.
If you don't need a bike rack with a tilting function to access the trunk, then the¬†BUZZYBEE H¬†is the best possible option on the market. The rack still folds up when not in use.
The¬†BUZZYBEE H4¬†is a very simple design, strong, secure and the best value for your money.
The¬†BUZZYBEE H4¬†offers easy mounting and best value for a family rack
Key features of the BUZZYBEE H4
Assembly:¬†Even though it is not assembled,¬†BUZZYBEE H4¬†is very easy to put together: assemble the wheel support frame to the base using 8 screws slide in the plastic wheel supports, fit the rack to the hitch receiver using the supplied wrench and you are ready to go!
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases, even small children's bikes. You can reverse the wheel supports for the really small bikes.
- The long rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25‚Äù wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The¬†BUZZYBEE H4¬†is¬†entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber bike frame pads and high resistance straps hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 60kg (132lbs), with no bike weighing more than 20kg (44lbs)
- Electric bikes up to 20kg may be carried, although the¬†BUZZYBEE¬†series is not optimised for e-bikes (see E-Scorpion for e-bikes);¬†the down tube size is limited to 75mm diameter (3‚Ä≥); whatever bikes you have, always load the heaviest bikes nearest to the car
Other features and basic specifications
- The¬†BUZZYBEE H4¬†sits high on the hitch, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- Dimensions:¬†88cm¬†wide x 123cm¬†deep
- Weight:¬†17.4kg (38.3lbs)
- Reflective red stickers on the wheel supports
- The build quality ‚Äì tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall ‚Äì which happens!
Max number of bikes: 4
Max weight per bike: 20kg (44lbs)
Max load capacity: 60kg (132lbs)
Max tire size: 3.25‚Ä≥
Max bike frame down tube size: diameter 75mm(3‚Ä≥)
Fits 1.25‚Ä≥: no
Fits 2‚Ä≥: yes
Dimensions (width x depth x height): 88 x 123 x 88 cm
Weight: 17.4kg (38.3lbs)
Folds up: yes
Locks to the car: no
Locks bikes: no